- At Trailer & Trailers Albury, we recognise the importance of your privacy and understand your concerns about the security of the personal information you provide to us. We comply with the National Privacy Principles (“NPPs”) as contained in the Privacy Act 1988. The NPPs detail how personal information is collected, used, stored and destroyed and how an individual may gain access to personal information held about them.
- “Personal information” is information, or an opinion, that identifies an individual, or from which a person’s identity could be ascertained.
- This policy details how Trailer & Trailers Albury manages your personal information submitted either through forms collected from you or through its Website, sets out some of your privacy rights in relation to personal information, and advises how you can contact us with privacy queries.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- Trailer & Trailers Albury collects personal information from you submitted through this Website. However, we aim only to collect personal information that is necessary to supply you with the goods that you have contracted or requested us to provide. You are able to access the Sites anonymously if you wish, however this may prevent you from accessing certain areas of the Sites.
- The type of personal information we collect will depend on the goods you have asked us to provide, or may be interested in. The type of personal information we collect includes names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers, email addresses and credit card details.
- At the time personal information is collected or as soon as practicable thereafter, we will advise you of:
- Our details and how to contact us;
- The purpose for which the information is collected;
- Details of how to access any information held about you;
- The types of people and organisations to which we may disclose that information; and
- The legal and other consequences of you not providing the information;
- unless any of the above is obvious in the circumstances, or detailed on a collection form.
- While we endeavour to collect personal information only from the individual involved, in some instances we may also receive personal information about you from third parties. Where we receive, (and retain) or use your personal information received from third parties, we will contact you and advise we hold this information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Trailer & Trailers Albury will use and disclose your personal information if the disclosure is necessary to answer your enquiry or request, or to supply you with goods ordered. We will also use and disclose your personal information for the purposes of performing our administration and other operations including accounting and credit/reference checks, fraud checks, marketing, record keeping, market research, warranty work, improving the Website and Website traffic analysis. We also use your personal information for related purposes that you would reasonably expect, such as providing you with periodical newsletters, details about other goods and services offered by us, as well as any promotions or sales relating to our business that may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving this information at any time by notifying us. In some cases we may disclose your personal information to third parties, but only if it is required to complete the transaction you have entered into. For example, we will disclose your personal information to banking institutions (to verify and process your payments) and to our reseller network (if relevant). We may also disclose your personal information where we have sought your consent or as is otherwise allowed by law. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to answer and follow up your enquiry, provide you with the goods you have ordered, or complete the transaction you have entered into. Transfer of Information outside of Australia We will not send your personal information outside of Australia unless:
- It is necessary to complete your transaction;
- It is to a third party that we use to assist us in providing our goods to you;
- You have provided your consent;
- We believed on reasonable grounds that the person or organisation involved would only deal with your personal information in a similar manner to the requirements under the NPPs; or
- Where otherwise allowed by the Privacy Act.
STORAGE AND SECURITY
Your personal information is stored electronically, on paper, or both. Trailer & Trailers Albury has physical, electronic and procedural safeguards for personal information and takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected. Data stored electronically is protected by both internal and external firewalls, and access to electronic records is limited by passwords. Only staff with a password have access to all information on the system and files can be designated read-only or no access. Your personal information is stored within secure premises. Externally, the premises has several barriers to unauthorised entry including secured entry and monitored alarms. Internally, steps are taken to ensure access to personal information is limited, including filing in a locked cabinet within a secured office. Some personal information is also stored off site in a secure storage facility. Please be aware that personal information provided by e-mail may not be secure. If you have any concerns regarding the security of your personal information when sending e-mails, please provide the information in an alternate form, such as fax. We may record your e-mail address if you send us e-mail. Trailer & Trailers Albury uses secure methods to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed. Trailer & Trailers Albury will retain your personal information while it is required for any of its functions, or for any other lawful purpose Access & Correction In most cases, you will be able to gain access to personal information held about you by Trailer & Trailers Albury. We may provide you with this information verbally or in writing, as may be appropriate. Where we do not agree to provide you with details of personal information we will give you reasons why. We will take reasonable steps to amend or correct your personal information to keep it accurate and up to date. Please notify us of any changes to your personal information. Non-Personal Information Trailer & Trailers Albury may also collect non-personal information such as the browser name, type of computer and technical information regarding your connection to the Sites. Non-personal information may be provided to unrelated third parties for marketing, advertising or other uses. Privacy Concerns or Complaints If you have any queries or concerns about your personal information, or would like to make a complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer for assistance.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You can contact us at the following address:
Trailer & Trailers Albury
437 Wagga Road
Lavington NSW 2641
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (02) 6025 5071
Updated May 2018